Stepping Outside my Boundaries - Again

Yes, it's good to have appropriate boundaries. Having them means taking care of yourself. But, and this is a big but I think, boundaries can hem you in, keep you from growing and expanding. 

I have written before about being an introvert who has ended up in extrovert professions. It is quite easy for me to throw up a boundary and say no to something. 


It's a good thing that I have friends who can push me a bit so that I can become open to things. I saw an email on a local listserv from the Center for Transformational Practice. The CTP is having its annual Summerfest and was putting out a call for applications for participating in the fest. I am used to working psychic fairs, being a guest on local cable TV shows and Internet radio shows. So, this was not outside my comfort zone.



I contacted my friend who designed the book to suggest that we apply to be part of the fest to put the book out there, do some sample meditations, and the like. She looked at me when we got together for tea and told me that she thought I should do a poetry reading. My instant thought was no. I immediately threw up a mental barrier between myself and the possibility of doing a reading. Oh nooooooo. That felt as if I would be exposing myself too much.


But, I let the thought become a seed. I let it plant itself inside my mind. I let it grow roots down into my heart where the edge between me and the universe is very thin, where there really is no boundary between me and what is possible. Lo and behold, I put doing a poetry reading in the application for the fest. I made a list of poems to read, even though we will not know until next month if we are accepted for the fest which isn't until the end of July. 

I also realized at some point that, when I started this blog, I was reluctant to reveal anything about myself. I have now stepped outside that boundary and am writing more about me and not using just the good old third person writing style. It's interesting what can change when I decide to step outside my self-imposed boundaries. 


Again, boundaries can be useful, especially when we put them into place to protect ourselves from harm. But, how much do we miss when we have limitations that bind us, that keep us from trying new things? What amazing things can happen when we step over the fence or through the gate?

The first four images are from my book, Opening the Heart: Meditations on How to Be (here). The fifth image is by Matthew Smith and was found on unsplash.com. 

Would you like some help on your journey? Try a Channeled Angel Reading or Life Coaching (here).

Comments