Perception is Everything

Is this door opening, or is it closing? 

It all depends on how you perceive it, doesn't it. And, yes, there are things in life besides perception such as food, water, housing, work, and the like. What I mean when I say perception is everything is that it is everything in relation to how we see the world. If our perception is fear based, then we distrust, we think we will never have enough of anything. We may very well think that things must never change, and most of the people around us are out to take things away from us or to "get us." We can become greedy out of fear.

If we perceive things with an open heart, from a place of love, then most likely we will trust, we will work to create an inclusive community, and we will be open to change and transformation. We can see a way forward, we see the beauty around us. We can relax, breathe, and let go of what is holding us back. 

Someone being interviewed by Krista Tippet on her show, On Being, said that, as I recall, perception can destroy us or it can create us. This immediately resonated with me. Change your perception, change the story you tell yourself about yourself, others and the world. And, if you are having trouble changing your perception, it just might work to change the story that you tell to help you change your perception. Changing the story is something I work with clients on. I've seen it work. I've spent time doing this myself. 

I want perception to create me, not destroy me. I want this for everyone. 

Comments

  1. it's an expansive awareness, this knowing we can change our story, change our perception. Freeing and healing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I firmly believe its all about changing the story we run for ourselves. Our perception can create our destiny or destroy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for commenting. It's good to know that there are other people out there who feel the same.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment