Roses - Love and Joy

I believe that the second largest number of meditation images in Opening the Heart: Meditations on How to Be (here) are roses of various types. They have a vibrancy and immediacy to them that I am not sure that I can, in prose, adequately describe. This is one of the images from the book: 


As with all the rose images, this image shows a joyfulness, a full-heartedness of the species. The Green Hope Essences website says that: "Roses are love incarnate....While they are the most evolved family of Flowers on the planet, their Essences are extremely practical and down to earth." The Secret Language of Flowers by Samantha Gray says, in brief, on page 63 that roses are "Love: Romance: Beauty: Passion: Courage."

I wrote this poem about the rose in connection with Opening the Heart

Rose

Contemplate the rose:
its vibrancy, lushness;
its willingness to put 
its beauty, heart
and soul into the world.

Contemplate the rose:
admire its connection 
to joy created from 
and with the divine.

The energy, the imprint of
the rose lives in the divine heart.
Contemplate its desire
to link you with that divine heart.

©2016 Kathryn L. Samuelson

I want to let my heart sing with the vibration, harmony, frequency of the rose. Now just to let myself do that. Will that happen if I use meditation image number 15 as a teacher?




Comments

  1. Beautiful words and agree roses are so special

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words. The diversity in roses that we have created is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment