Finding Joy in My Life

I have been having moments of what I'm calling joy during meditation the last 3 or 4 mornings. It just comes. I don't call it - I don't think I can call joy. I think I can only just let it come when it wants to, let it sing in me. I know that, to me, it feels different than being happy, although I think happiness can accompany it. I don't think I can give you a definition of joy or happiness. They seem to be states of being that I recognize. 

I have a sense that the joy I'm feeling in meditation may be arising because I am working more on healing - not just my physical self but also my emotional self. I have been meditating laying down so that I can place certain crystals on my body. My intent is that they remove the emotions that I seem to be storing in the area of my diaphragm helping to make that area tight. Yes, there is a physical component from spending too much time hunched over, but it seems that this has become a natural place to store stress and the like. This joy that comes seems almost playful. It might be reminding me to have more play in my life. 


This arising joy also seems to be connected to mother earth, mother nature and the fire of life - the spark that emanates from everything. It reminds me that, when things seem grim (and they certainly can seem grim right now), joy lives and breathes in me, in nature, and throughout the world. Being open to it is all that it takes. Finding the joy in my life means that I can find my way and continue my work as a psychic and life coach. That I can support my family and friends, sometimes just by laughing with them.

Where do you find joy?

All three images are from my book, Opening the Heart: Meditations on How to Be (here).


Comments

  1. I find joy looking at the beautiful view of the Andes Mountains from my home and when I am filled with gratitude for all my blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the beautiful Green Mountains of Vermont around me, so I understand how the magnificence of mountains can deeply ground and hold you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment