A Poem about Breathing

I posted the other day about breathing slowly and deeply and through anything. This was from a meditation in my book. I have been, over time, writing poems to accompanying the meditations in the book. Naturally, I have one for this first meditation image in Opening the Heart: Meditations on How to Be. This is that poem: 

What Breath Can do for You

Breathe deeply,
breathe slowly:
You can breathe through
          anything
the angels said.
Follow your breath,
slide down into
that still point in
          your heart.
Feel the anxiety,
          the fear
fly away.

Hopes, dreams, wishes
          Can then blossom in
          That place.

©2017 Kathryn L. Samuelson

I have felt the calm come when I have needed it by breathing deeply and following my breath inside. I have come to a resting place by doing this. Your heart can anchor you. It can lead you to your deepest dreams if you follow you breath.

Breathe and find wholeness.  


Comments