The Blessings of Sameness

Walt Whitman wrote "I sing the song of myself." I guess that I might be singing the song of my life in a way by writing this post. 

I often think about how I am doing much the same thing at the same time on the same day. I suppose I could look at it as dull, as a routine (and frankly I do sometimes). But, I try to see having sameness in my life as a blessing. I see it this way - or try to - because I have the space, the ability to have sameness in my life. 


I am not looking over my shoulder for the next horrific thing to happen to me. I have a home, a car, hot and cold running water, food, clothes, family, and friends. I can read, write, type, hear, see, sing, and laugh. I can live my heart out in the world. I can have opinions. I was blessed with parents who wanted me to have an education and think for myself, although I'm sure that there times that they wished I agreed with them rather than going my own way. 


May everyone have the blessing of sameness in their lives. May we all grant everyone to have this ability.


Both images are from my book, Opening the Heart: Meditations on How to Be. You can find more information here. I will be glad to help you on your journey through either Life Coaching or Channeled Angel Readings (here).

Comments

Post a Comment