Just Because Maybe We Can, Should We?

     I started thinking about this topic when I was listening to a podcast in which the interviewer and his guest were talking about aging. They were talking about how long they want to live with the guest saying that he wants to live to be 180. Really? Why would you? The guest claims that, if people follow the program in his new book, it's possible.
     One of my first thoughts was that, if you do do this, but not everyone around you does, you could become quite lonely as all of your family and friends die around you. I believe my second thought was about the growing population if a lot of people follow this program and the birth rate doesn't go down. We are already straining mother earth with our current population and disrespect for her and the resources that she provides for us (well collectively that is).
     I was telling my massage therapist about this interview. Her thought was that it's quite selfish to live this long and continuing to use up resources that are then not available to those younger than you. Good point.
    And, why? What's the point of living so long? She also asked if this person is so afraid of death that he wants to put it off for a really long time. I can't answer that question as, while I'm a psychic, I am not a mind reader. Then, my question is, what if you follow the program, live a really long time but still don't live well, still manage to have aches and pains, encounter depression and the like?
     What worth does living that long add to the world if it's really only about yourself? I want to be as healthy and active as possible as long as possible, but I don't think I want to live as long as the host said he wants to live, which is to 120. I want to live well so that I can continue to do my work until I decide it's time to retire.
    What do you think about this?
****
Please click here if you'd like to know more about me and my services. The picture is one of my parents taken probably 20 years ago at a family gathering.

Comments