Sunday Morning Blues


The last time I had a full time job was in 2006. I left that job after 2 months as I felt I was going to be miserable. I resigned from the previous full time job in 2004 when I moved to Massachusetts from Illinois. So, the Sunday morning blues shouldn't be due to having to face getting up and going to a job I'm less than fond of. I like the work that I now do- doing Channeled Angel Readings, Life Coaching and writing. I don't have to deal with dreadful bosses or cranky co-workers. But the Sunday morning blues still visit quite frequently, sometimes lasting into the afternoon, and occasionally into the evening. I have spent some time contemplating what causes this feeling.

I have come to the conclusion that the issue is that my mother died on a Sunday afternoon about 40 minutes after I arrived at the nursing home she was in. I had traveled from the Boston area back to my home town. I think part of the issue is that I held her hand briefly, told her I was there (even though she was in a comma) and then sat down. Somewhere in the back of my mind I think I feel that I should have moved the chair next to the bed and held her hand. But, I was so tired from traveling and sadness at her condition that I wasn't thinking clearly. Interestingly, my father died 7 and half days later early on a Monday morning. I don't seem to have the same sense of the blues on Monday mornings. Maybe because he had a form of dementia called Lewy Body Disease and hadn't been with us in some way for sometime. Also, he died at about 3:30 or 4:00 in the morning when none of us would have been sitting with him at the hospital.

I try to remember that, while Sunday morning blues feel a bit like a dark night, that starlight is there,that sunshine exists. I do my best to find things to do to keep my focus off those pesky blues. I might ask my Reiki therapist to work on lessening this emotion in me. It's not useful and often causes me to eat even more chocolate than I normally do.

It is now Monday morning and the blues seem to have gone their way to wherever it is they go.

****
The first photograph is by Adrien Ledoux and the second by Samuel Scrimshaw. I found them on unsplash.com. The third image is from my book, Opening the Heart: Meditations on How to Be. Please click here if you would like to know more about me, my services and my book. 

Comments