My Thought Habits

Ok, if I was able to draw I would have done a cartoon with a thought balloon showing just nuns habits. This is what I could do to illustrate this. Is wearing a habit everyday the same (in some weird way) from living your life through thought habits?
     I had to be a certain place at a certain time for years. First there was school up through college and Law School. Then I had jobs for about 27 years before I moved from Illinois to Massachusetts. More having to be a certain places at certain times. I couldn't find a job after I moved (not from there, no clients to bring, too much experience, not the right experience).        

     That's when I decided to start my life coaching and psychic practice. I have, however, still had the thought almost everyday that I feel behind if I'm not working by 9:00. I'm often ready at 9:30. I have to keep saying that I have all the time of the day to accomplish what I want to do on a particular day.


      I had this thought again this morning. It was somewhat fueled by the fact that I have new habits in the morning. I have hired a young woman to come clean out my garden for the fall/winter. She's coming at 8:00 am. Oh, no. That means thinking in a different way, or reordering what I do in the morning. So, interestingly, I have the old thought habit of having to be ready at the old times I had to be ready yet having new morning habits. Which means doing things differently from time to time.
     The mind is truly interesting.

****

The 1st photograph is by Viktor Talashuck, the 2nd is by Vidar Nordii-Mathisen and the 3rd is by Julius Drost. I found them on unsplash.com.

Comments