Into the Silence - Part 1

I posted the Prolog to my next book awhile ago. The book is based on Opening the Heart, and I am writing it only in fits and starts. I have a feeling that part of my reluctance to work on the book is that, at some level, I haven't fully integrated into my being that I should be writing this book. Others in the metaphysical business have said that I have one or books in me to write. I'm just not sure that I feel this. I thought I would share the pieces that I have written from time to time to see if this breaks the log jam. So, here's the first part with the image from Opening the Heart that it's based on: 






Breathe slowly. Breathe deeply. You can breathe through anything.


Breathing. It’s something we do, generally, without thinking about it. It’s controlled by the autonomic nervous system for the most part. Our emotions, however, can affect our breathing. Fear and anxiety can make our breathing shallow and rapid. Breathing will deepen and slow down if we pay attention to it and engage in what can be called mindful breathing.

Life cannot be sustained without it, but if we aren’t careful we can regularly interrupt our breathing. We can stop it for very short periods of time. I took a circular breathing class 3 or 4 times. The teacher talked about this phenomenon while teaching us how to breathe circularly for the class, which was to breathe in a certain number of counts and to immediately breathe out the same number of counts without stopping in-between. It was quite interesting to feel the effect of this type of breathing as it can super oxygenate the blood. It almost feels as if the blood is fizzing—taking healing to the parts of the body that need it.

So, what does breathing through anything mean? On one level it means that we continue to breathe as long as life lasts. On another level it means that we can use breath to help us ground, reconnect with the calm place within us that allows us to think with clarity and to act in accordance with this clarity.

Spend a little time breathing swiftly, rapidly. How does it feel?

Spend a little time breathing deliberately, deeply, and slowly. How does this feel?

I think I prefer the latter when I can be mindful of how I am breathing as I believe my heart center prefers that as well.


****

What Breath Can do for You



Breathe deeply,
breathe slowly:
You can breathe through
         anything
the angels said.
Follow your breath,
slide down into
that still point in
           your heart.
Feel the anxiety,
the fear
fly away.

Hopes, dreams, wishes
          Can then blossom in
          That place.


****

Please click here if you would like to know more about me, my services and my book. The image is from my book.

Comments