Living the Metaphysical Life

People seem to have misconceptions about what it is like to live as a psychic. Yes, I have a wonderful connection to my angels and guides. They provide the guidance that I give my clients. They helped me create my book, Opening the Heart: Meditations on How to Be

I have met many interesting people and have been able to help people. But, I can tell you that, in most ways, my life looks no different than the life of anyone who is not blessed to be working with the metaphysical world.

No, I don't read people's minds as people occasionally ask. I don't think that I have a met a psychic yet who does. I have no clue how the magician/mind readers do what they do.

I don't have special powers. Someone actually asked me that once. I am able to open myself to the knowledge coming in. But, it took a lot of practice of doing my method, automatic writing, over and over again. It took being brave and doing readings for people. In other words, it took doing what all humans do when they learn a new skill or trade.

I still get colds (I have one as I write this). I've had surgery. I make mistakes. I have to clean house, go to the grocery store and return books to the library. My parents died 7 & a half days apart. Grief happened. 

You probably wouldn't know what I do if you just looked at me. I don't know that I would have guessed that the people that I have met were psychics unless I was told. We look just like anyone else. 

Life is interesting and sometimes wacky living a metaphysical life, but ordinary things don't necessarily magically happen. We still have to work at living -- and hopefully play as well.

Being connected to angels and guides does not prevent human life from happening. It just means that I am able find out about what guidance they want to give my clients.

My role in all this is to open myself to them. It doesn't work well if I close down. (Of course, it doesn't work well if the client is closed down either.)

All this happened slowly over time so that living the metaphysical life just seems ordinary to me.


****

This photograph is by Fernando Venzano. I found it on unsplash.com.

You can go to my website here if you would like to find out more about me, my services and my book.


Comments

  1. I love this...psychics and healers are people too!! It reminds me of being a kid and seeing a school teacher out in public and you're shocked,because in your mind, they only exist in the context of school, like psychics and healers usually exist at a massage table, or a table draped with a cloth and a crystal ball on top. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment