I Have Hope for a More Beautiful World

The world seems so crazy right now with all that's going on at home and across the world. It's as if a boil has been lanced and all the "pus" is coming out. I keep saying to myself that you can't cure a boil unless you lance it. I say to myself that growth and transformation arise out of chaos, and I feel the chaos swirling around everywhere. And, yet at the same time, I feel a connection to calmness, to growth, to people living their lives while helping themselves and others.

I can feel the love that exists in the world if I let myself, if I don't become too caught up in other people's stuff, drama, anxiety, and fear. One thing that I do is seek out "good" or interesting news. I subscribe to The Optimist Daily. Sometimes I just read the blurb for each story, sometimes I read the whole story. Just this morning they had these 4 stories:

- a 96 year old scientist is researching a way to revolutionize harnessing solar energy

- Italian scientists have found a way to create a new form of bioplastic from olive seeds. 

- Germany is set to become coal free by 2038 and

- major food and personal care product companies have created a platform to use reusable containers that can be returned, sterilized and then reused

This means to me that, despite all the problems of the world, people and companies aren't paralyzed by all the fear and anger out there. Companies are becoming what are called B Corporations. This is a definition from a website about them: 

Certified B Corporations are a new kind of business that balances purpose and profit. They are legally required to consider the impact of their decisions on their workers, customers, suppliers, community, and the environment. This is a community of leaders, driving a global movement of people using business as a force for good. 

All this, and more, helps to keep me moving, changing, growing, and hopefully putting my love out into the world. I try to do my own small acts of kindness to add to the substance of what is happening on the "light" side of things.

****

Both images are from my book, Opening the Heart: Meditations on How to Be. You can find out more about me, my book, and my services on my website by clicking here.





Comments