Showing Vulnerability is Hard for Me

I thought it would be good to make a confession on the last day of the year. Talking about myself on my blog is hard for me. I am an introvert, although I ended up being in extrovert professions, first as a lawyer and now as a psychic and life coach. It means putting myself out there in the world. Just what this meditation image is about, being out in the world, living my heart in the world, living openly. When I would much rather be silent about myself when I have this thought that oh no, people won't want to hire me for readings and life coaching if I talk about my foibles and failures. There is the counter thought that it will help people feel comfortable working with me if I show myself and they know that I understand what they are going through. 

I have moved, changed jobs and professions a number of times. I have suffered grief through the loss of parents and relationships. I suppose by entering my deepest self and acknowledging what I have learned and felt, I am better able to my clients. I do have experience and, hopefully  through that, some wisdom to share with others. 
I don't just want to be someone who pontificates on my blog, which I think could become off putting for some readers. 

I hope that we all have the wisdom to see what's inside and to live it in the world. 

****

The photographs are from my book, Opening the Heart: Meditations on How to Be. Please click here if you would like to know more about me, my services, and my book. 



Comments