Planning and Preparing Versus Being Spontaneous

 I have a general plan to my weeks - writing a blog post on Monday morning, doing errands on a certain morning, change the bed on a different morning, doing laundry on somewhat of a schedule, writing, and the like. I have a life coaching client that I work with at usually the same time on the same day. I like being able to know that I've carved out the time to do certain things to make sure they are done in a seemingly timely manner.

But, then something comes along to cause me to rearrange things. I drove back to Massachusetts last Monday to have lunch with a friend, and because I'm going anyway, I shop at Trader Joe's as well as some other stores. I certainly could have written a blog post later in the week, but somehow just didn't get to it. 

I needed to rearrange when I'm doing some things today as I added in an appointment at my chiropractor's office which requires a round trip drive that's longer than the appointment. (He's worth it when I need badly need some adjustment.) 

So, I'm trying to be a bit more spontaneous about my day than I normally am on Mondays. I made a salad and put it in the refrigerator for when I return so that I'm not eating lunch later than I want to. I'm writing this post this morning, but may not finish posting links on Facebook, LinkedIn and Women Only Connected until this afternoon. 

It's a question of balance as in many things. These two meditation sayings came through from my angels and guides when I was working on writing my book. The question, as with all the paired meditations, is how do I navigate between the two? Or I suppose it could be phrased, how do I do both at the same time? Today, I'm writing and then fitting the posting as I can. 

Wednesday is usually writing of some kind plus exercise, and clients if someone has scheduled a session. Yet, a friend asked me to come to tea and to knit Wednesday afternoon. Of course, I'm going. I will just need to adjust my mental plan. My angels and guides will point out from time to time that I have all the time of the day to accomplish what I want to do. It's my own self-limiting thoughts that often get in my way. (That and my love of faffing about.)

What do you do to plan and prepare yet allow yourself to be spontaneous? I'd really like to know.

****

Both images are from my book, Opening the Heart: Meditations on How to Be. For more information about how I can help you and my book, please click here.

Blogger tells me that it and Google put cookies on my blog. I believe that they are for analytical purposes only, but can not say for sure. I do not put on cookies on my blog; however, the websites that I post links to may very well use cookies. I hope you choose to keep reading my blog.





Comments