I Am Certainly Not Perfect

As the title to the post says (and as you can tell from my post called Crossing the Line) I am not perfect. Most likely far from it. I just keep trying to improve, though. 

This meditation image saying is something I use with my life coaching clients to let them know it's okay to be who they are at this moment. I almost always say something to the effect of if I am having snit, I am the perfect for the person who is having a snit. 

I also think that it means that, at the soul level, we are perfect as a soul whether we are behaving perfectly as a human. And, frankly there are probably very few of us who behave perfectly very often. Changing perspective can change or add to the meaning of this. I believe it also means that those in the metaphysical plane acknowledge who we are. They don't reject us. They hope that we can transform as needed and are here to help us do that.

In fact, I've written a poem about this meditation image.

Perfection in the Eyes of the Universe

I stumble around,
sometimes getting things
right and sometimes not
right. At least in my mind.

I constantly compare myself
to an ideal that floats around
in my head--created by me,
by who and whatever.

What the Universe sees:
someone who is doing the
perfect thing, being the perfect
person for me. For who I am
at that moment.

So, if I am having a snit,
I am the perfect person having
the perfect snit. If I am
having a compassionate moment,
then, well, there I am too.


©2018 Kathryn L. Samuelson

I try to change and grow each day so that my imperfect (in my eyes) moments are fewer and fewer. It helps me to know that there are beings who see the beauty in me, the art in my life no matter what.


****

The first image is a meditation image from my book, Opening the Heart: Meditations on How to Be. The second image a photograph by Nicole Honeywill and was found on unsplash.com.

I can help you on your journey through Life Coaching or Channeled Angel Readings. My book, Opening the Heart: Meditations on How to Be can help you as well. Please click here for more information. 




Blogger tells me that it and Google put cookies on my blog. I believe that they are for analytical purposes only, but can not say for sure. I do not put on cookies on my blog; however, the websites that I post links to may very well use cookies. I hope you choose to keep reading my blog. 

Comments