Waiting on Hold

Sometimes you just have to spend time waiting on hold. I admit that I am old enough to remember this type of telephone. If you had to wait on this phone, you didn't have the luxury of a headset, blue tooth or having a system that automatically calls you back. The technology just didn't exist in "way back" then.

I have had to spend sometime on hold or waiting for a call back in dealing with my insurance company because of the car accident at the beginning of July. This morning I called to check on the coverage for the rental car as it was initially only for a certain number of days. The interesting bit was that the company's system said that there was no claim associated with my number. Hmmm. After a couple of tries I chose to hit #2 and talk to a new claims person. It eventually worked out. (I want to say that the claims people at State Farm and my agent's office have all been friendly and helpful. The claims agent and I were laughing about stuff while on the phone this morning.)


But, it has occurred to me that I have also been on hold any number of times my life waiting for things to come to fruition or to fall into place. I can only do so much sometimes. I had to wait for the money to come to buy my replacement car. (The insurance payout won't be enough to cover the cost as my old car was a 2002.) 

I've had to wait through the process of selling homes and buying new homes. It felt as if my life was on hold when my parents died 7 and a half days apart. 

How many times have I reached out to someone and had the feeling that I was on hold waiting for a response. Probably innumerable. 


I suppose that the best thing to do while on hold is to follow the advice of the first meditation image in my book, Opening the Heart: Meditations on How to Be. Yup, just breathe and keep breathing. Because forcing stuff often backfires or means that what I want to happen is incomplete when it does happen. 










*****

The first photograph is by Quino Al and the second by Mohammad Gh. I found both on unsplash.com.

I can help you on your journey through either Life Coaching or Channeled Angel Readings. My book, Opening the Heart: Meditations on How to Be, can help you as well. Please click here for more information.


Blogger tells me that it and Google put cookies on my blog. I believe that they are for analytical purposes only, but can not say for sure. I do not put on cookies on my blog; however, the websites that I post links to may very well use cookies. I hope you choose to keep reading my blog. 

Comments