Lying Down on the Job

I have started meditating lying down. I started this when I decided I wanted to use what some people call a crystal grid while I meditated. This involved selecting particular crystals and stones and placing them on my body. I was working on releasing some energy that had become stuck in certain place in my body. I decided that I like doing this especially as I can place a cloth over my eyes to meditate with it. It is easier for me to see images that may come to me during meditation if it is dark. I confess that the other thing I like about this is I can be covered up and, in some sense, cocoon while I meditate. I don't know that this will be permanent, but it works for me for now. 

What other time is it good to lie down on the job? (I will also confess that I looked up whether I should be using lying/lie or laying/lay -- English can be confusing at times even for native speakers.) I think a good time to lie down on the job is when I'm stressed, tired and just need to slow down. Breathing might come more easily that way. It will also slow me down if I can remember to do this rather than running around like a chicken with its head cut off.  

Lying down on the job might be a good thing when I need to center myself. I could do centering prayer or just not think about much at all. Lying down on the job could be the thing to do when I want to connect more with nature, with the sun, the earth, the sky. I suppose it should be when I am lying down purposefully and not just being lazy. 



And, I suppose most of all, lying down on the job could be useful and effective when I want to connect with the One, or as the meditation saying in the image to the right says, when I want to rest my mind in the One. 

I hope you find the times that lying down on the job works for you. 



The first image is by Johannes Plenio, the third is by Adam Cao and both were found on unsplash.com. The second and fourth images are from my book, Opening the Heart: Meditations on How to Be (here). I will be glad to help you if you would like some help on your journey, either through Channeled Angel Readings or Life Coaching (here).

Comments