Friends and Family Come First


Monday morning is the time I have scheduled to write my blog post, yet it was not the first "work" that I did this past Monday morning. I have a friend who needed an answer to something from my angels and guides. So, my friend came before writing. I don't want to be so caught up in my work that I become unable to respond to the needs of my family and friends. How much would I miss if I said no, I can't have tea with you, take a road trip, or take a few minutes to ask my angels and guides for information for a friend. (And then life happened and not in a bad way, so that it took me 2 days to return to this blog post.)


I moved to Massachusetts in 2004 which put me 900 miles from my elderly parents. I made sure that I went back home to see them every 2 or 3 months even though it was financially hard. I would not exchange the time I had with them for the money it cost me to visit them. And, if they had lived longer I would have continued to do that. I also made sure to see my sisters when I did, although I ended up not spending a lot of time with them because of the amount of time I was spending with my parents. 

I am recently read the book Health Revelations from Heaven by Tommy Rosa and Dr. Stephen Sinatra. Rosa and Sinatra alternate writing in the book. Rosa writes about his 1999 near death experience and his life afterwords and Sinatra about what he's learned in his medical practice that is supported by what Rosa learned during his near death experience. One of the revelations Rosa received is about the importance for our health of being connected to family, friends, community, and the like. Sinatra writes in the book about his realizing that he was living a Type A life and not spending enough time with his family. 

A part of what they write about in this book is living from your heart, connecting with and doing what your heart wants. Can I truly live from my heart if I don't keep connections with family and friends strong, reach out to them when they are in need to the best of my ability? 

The first photograph is by Ali Yahya and the second by Alberto Cassetta. They were both found on unsplash.com

Comments