And Marley's Ghost Said



Scrooge comments to Marley's ghost that he had been a good businessman. Marley then says: "Business! Humanity was my business! Common welfare was my business. Mercy. Kindness. These were all my business...."

I'm not sure why Scrooge and Marley popped into my head this morning. I did ask for my angels and guides to help me come up with an idea for my weekly blog post, so possibly that is where this idea came from. 

Possibly because mercy and kindness seem to be in short supply, at least if all you pay attention to is the news. Because, well the news tends not to report on mercy and kindness as a counter balance to the stuff the news regularly reports. And, maybe because the idea of mercy and kindness doesn't seem to be occurring to the current US administration or whatever governmental body you might think of. Or in groups such as ISIS or Boko Haram.


Yet, I know deep in my heart that mercy and kindness are an everyday occurrence. 

Maybe we should all have t-shirts that say: "Business? Humanity is my business. Kindness and Mercy are my business." 


Comments