Embracing the Mystery

I am part of a women's circle, and in the course of our most recent meeting the phrase embracing the mystery was used. I did say that I might take the phrase to use as a blog post title (and starting point). This picture does evoke for me the idea of just embracing the mystery, because the fog obscures what is up ahead, thus one could be driving into a mystery. 

Seemingly, much of life can be driving into the fog--going forward without clearly knowing what is up ahead, yet you just keep going. A job ends, for example, and you move forward into the next one or find consulting work or start a business. You will not know, in any of these cases, with complete certainty what the end result is. You can choose to move along this path joyfully, or you can choose to move forward with fear and dread. Seems to me that I would prefer, if I can manage it, to move forward with joy as I feel that fear and dread will hamper me in my efforts. The trick, I suppose is allowing myself to feel the joy. 


I think that it is, in part at least, living in hope and from the heart. My tag line on my emails used to be this: "Live in Hope. Live from the Heart." I changed it to "Open your Heart -- Blossom in the World" to be a bit more in line with my book (here); however, I believe the sense is the same.  Meditation number 25 in the book is about the quantum universe, and how I think that contemplating the quantum allows for the mysterious to exist while holding out the possibility for miracles. We just need a different perspective sometimes. And, possible a different definition for what is mysterious and miraculous. 

Will you come along with me on the journey of embracing the mystery? I can use the company.

(Both photos were found on the website unsplash.com)



Comments