Be the Beacon

I thought for awhile that I would be writing another book on the order of my book, Opening the Heart: Meditations on How to Be. (here) I finally decided that I created this idea rather than receiving the idea of what the new book should be. I had, however, created a number of new meditation sayings for the book that might never be. One is:

                                           Find the beacon within. Light the world.


Image result for royalty free candle images

Once we go within and find the beacon, the question is, what do we do with that beacon? The saying answers that: we light the world. I think that the other thing that we do is then visualize connecting with other beacons. As the picture above shows, when we find and bring forth the beacon of light and connect it to other beacons, it multiplies the effect. 

I believe that meditation, contemplation, visualization, and possibly most important, listening to what our hearts say leads us to how we should be in the world and what our tasks in the world are. 

Creating circles of light and compassion can lead us in the direction of transforming society into one of light and compassion. Light (knowledge?) can keep away the dark (fear? anger? hatred? greed?). I hope and work towards being a beacon. Join me, please.

Find the beacon. Let the light shine.  

Comments