Loosestrife

Purple loosestrife is one of the plants that is the background to some of the meditation images in my book, Opening the Heart: Meditations on How to Be. (information here) For those of you who do not know what loosestrife looks like, this is one of the meditation images in the book: 




I find this meditation interesting for this time for two reasons. First, as much as we rush around at other times of the year, we can become truly crazy during the holiday season. And, because of all the is going on around the world, we may feel called to do, do, do to make a difference. So, I think that the mediation image telling us to "Go slowly. Take your time." is especially important right now. 

I wrote a poem for loosestrife, just as I did for all the other plants in the book. It is: 

Loosestrife

Consider the loosestrife plant
Consider its erect stance.
On first blush it seems to be rigid, 
filtering out much, Yet a deeper gaze
inward to the depths of it shows
how much can flow through.
Sunlight reached into the center of
it; light and color show between 
the separate flowers.

Consider the loosestrife with
all it's separate partsyet all
attached, connected. Separateness
but oneness on one stalk.
Is loosestrife any different from us?

©2016 Kathryn L. Samuelson

I mentioned Green Hope Farm and its flower essences in my most recent post. (information here) Well, I looked up loosestrife on its website. There is a yellow loosestrife essence but not a purple loosestrife essence. I have a feeling that the information might not be terribly different for the purple plant than for the yellow, so I thought I would post the information for yellow loosestrife here. 

"Yellow Loosestrife offers, 'I mend the tears in your experience of life so that you see it as a seamless whole of beauty and goodness. Consider me if difficulties have sapped your joy in life. I AM indefatigable gratitude and joyful appreciation for life, even amidst trials and tribulations. I will help you to find the bead on the positive and valuable in your life during flood times, turmoil or when you have been besieged by challenges as well as during times when things are flowing more smoothly.' "

Can we find our connectedness in our separateness? I think we should try. 















Comments