Not Sure Why, But I'm Not Scared


     Yes, the pandemic is on going. We don't know when it will end. I just know that I'm not scared. I do take precautions. I do try to be careful. I acknowledge that it's here, that it's going to stick around for awhile. Looking at various past pandemics, they all stopped after awhile. I suppose part of why I'm not scared is that I'm pretty sure that this will end at some point.
     I'm also financially stable. I'm still receiving my pensions and small social security as an income base. I have my business bringing in income on top of that. I am not having to deal with the loss of a job/income. I would most likely be desperate if I was in that situation. This is probably quite a big piece of why I can more easily stay calm.
     I also have been working on repairing my gut and boosting my immune system for quite some time. I think that this helps me from being scared. I feel about the healthiest that I have felt in a long time. Again, this doesn't mean that I'm not cautious. I wear a mask. I use hand sanitizer when I'm out, and I wash my hands when I come home. Well, alright, I don't wash my hands if all I've been doing is walking the loop road on the condo property where I live. But I haven't touched anything that could spread the disease. Just me, fresh air, and a beautiful view.
     I think part of my not being anxious or scared is that I know that being anxious and scared don't help me stay well. In fact, certain emotional states can cause inflammation (at least I think so). Inflammation can cause disease. Thus, being anxious or scared can raise my risk of becoming sick.
     What I don't want to be is one of those people who say that I don't get sick so I don't need to wear a mask. After all, I don't know that I'm not an asymptomatic carrier. I don't want to pass it on to someone else if I am. I haven't been tested yet. I want to let those who have more need to be tested have a test available since we have done such a bang up job in the US in having enough tests for everyone. (Note the sarcasm there?)
     What do you do to keep from being scared?
****
The photograph is by Morning Brew and was found on unsplash.com. Please click here if you'd like to know more about me and my services.

Comments